Word from the WORD
Heal Your Heart and Find Freedom Part 4 of 4
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 13 March 2012 18:28
- Published on Tuesday, 06 December 2011 12:29
- Written by Jonathan
- Hits: 557
PART IV: GET FREE
In the last segment we covered how to stay free and healthy once we have been healed. The importance of staying healed can not be over stated. Many times people have fallen victim again to the wiles of the enemy because they did not know how to stay free or seemed to lack the strength and help needed to remain free in Christ.
In this last part we will cover how and what to pray to attain release and freedom of past hurts, wounds, and oppression of the devil. Remember Jesus went about healing all those who were oppressed by the devil (Acts 10:38) and he wants the same for you today.
First you should begin by asking the Holy Spirit show you a heart wound(s) you may have that it’s time to address and bring healing in that area of your life.
As mentioned earlier we should cover all 8 different prayers so that we do not miss addressing a cause or influence of each particular heart wound.
The Purpose In Each Of These 8 Prayers is as follows.
- Generational Curses – Break them
- Bad Soul Ties – Cancel them
- Negative Expectations or Beliefs – Replace them with divine expectations and Godly beliefs.
- Negative Inner Vows – Renounce them and replace them with purpose in the Holy Spirit. Be lead by the Spirit daily.
- Traumatic Pictures/Memories – Use Inner Healing. Get new pictures containing Jesus. Divine visions.
- Break Word Curses – Replace with the blessings of God.
- Demonic Oppression and influence – Cast the demons out or be loused from the demons influence.
- Slave to sin – Experience the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus.
Let us take a moment to talk about the law of the Spirit in Christ Jesus.
There is a law of sin, a law of death, and a law of the Spirit of life or a law of life.
Paul writes in Ephesians 2:2 that the devil works against use; he uses an active energy (demonic energy or force) pushing us toward sin. Also in Romans 7 Paul makes it clear that sin has a power and a law working in our bodies against us in opposition to the Holy Spirit. Paul said he purposed to do good but failed and instead committed sin because sin has a power in his body working against righteousness. He said there is evil in himself and that evil is sin. This is the law of sin and death. It dwells in our flesh where he said there is nothing good and it acts out in evil or sinful ways and then demands the penalty of punishment and death.
But the power of Christ Jesus is much greater than the power or law of sin. So we invoke the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus to set us free.
24 Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death? 25Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! …
So how do we put into effect the law of the Spirit of life?
First let’s look at what not to do. Let’s look at what got Paul into the state of being a wretched man. Paul wrote in Romans 7 that there was a time when he set his will to do good.
19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice.
Paul says I will to do good and I will to not do evil; but I fail.
Let me ask you - Is it good to will to do good and to will to not do evil? Yes we must decide if we are going to follow Christ or forget Christ and Christianity; but is it good for me to will to do good? The key word do we see in this passage repeated several times by Paul is “I”.
There is a much better way than the I will way. If I try to stand on my own self will, I will fall just like Paul and be a wretched man. When I alone set my will to do good it is destined to fail; its’ dead religion and amounts to self worship because I am saying I can do it. Put away self will. Jesus said for without Me you can do nothing (John 15:5); but the good news is Jesus can do it and with Him we can also.
The better way is to humbly come to Christ. Come to the indwelling Christ in you and His power to release His power; release Him out through yourself. Release good. Paul said there is no good thing in his flesh. But Christ dwells in us (get this revelation, He is in you if you believe in Him) and He is truly good and wants to release all His goodness and love out of you.
Jesus lives in your spirit and Jesus has more than enough power to break the law or power of sin! Rely upon and draw upon the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus! If I tune into the truth that Christ dwells in me and lives in me and release Christ or His Spirit, I overcome evil, I can love others and overcome sin. Praise the Lord! ASK Jesus to flow through you and submit to His leading! From you will flow rivers of living water. Amen!
13 for if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
Self will brought Paul to a state of wretchedness and misery. BUT Christ living in Paul and through Paul set Paul free! After Paul was set free he was living Christ conscience not self conscience. Paul let Christ transform his mind and thinking. Christianity is NOT a self improvement program it’s a total replacement program.
Paul got a revelation from the Holy Spirit. He realized he died with Christ, is now dead, and Christ is living in and through him. Look into the mirror and see what God sees, Christ in you. The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus can set us free from the law of sin and death. Experience it.
So how do I pray regarding heart wounds so I’m healed and set free in Christ? First ask the Holy Spirit to anoint and lead you in this time of prayer. Remember to pray the language of the heart not just the logical mind. That is to say include in your prayers the flow of the Holy Spirit, emotions, pictures, and pondering. Stay tuned into the flow of the Spirit who comes in visions, pictures, emotions, thoughts, etc.
Pray the Holy Spirit show you a heart/soul wound(s) that you may have. He will start with those most important or that need addressing first and then others. Many times generalities alone will not break bondages so be specific when the Lord shows you specific issues.
Many of these prayers you can do on your own. While it may be possible to do all of them on your own there are a couple that are best when done with another experience believer experienced in inner healing and deliverance or in a small group of experienced believers. Be sure to go through all of the prayers. Do not skip any even if you think one may not be needed. If all areas are covered healing and release will come.
There a basically 3 steps or phases to all of these prayers. 1. confess and repent. 2. Forgiveness. 3. Restoration (bring in truth and godliness). Also consider asking Jesus to shine His healing light into each area of your heart regarding wounds in that part of your life. Malachi 4:2 says that for those who fear the Lord, the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing in its wings (rays) and you will go forth skipping like calves released from their stall.
- Generational sins and curses: I confess and repent of the sins of my fathers/ancestors as well as my own sins of _______________, (be as specific as possible) and of my anger or resentment against you Lord for allowing these curses to enter into my life. I ask for your forgiveness. I forgive my ancestors (you may need to name them if you know specifics) for passing on to me this curse of _______________, I also forgive my self for participating in this sin. I place the cross and blood of Christ between my ancestors and myself in my mother’s womb. I now command in Jesus name the sin of _____________ and all accompanying curses to be halted at the cross beneath the blood of Jesus and for Your freedom and blessings Lord to flow down to me from the womb forward to this day. (You may need to individually cover several or more specific curses or sins. Many times a general prayer does not break specific curses).
- Sever ungodly soul ties: I confess and repent of my sin of an ungodly soul tie with ______________, and of any bitterness or resentment against you Lord for allowing this to happen in my life. I forgive ________________, for their involvement in this sin. I ask you Lord for your forgiveness and I forgive myself for participating in this sin. Lord now I ask sever the ungodly soul tie between me and ____________, and restore any broken or wounded parts of my soul. Lord in Jesus name remove any ungodly thing that has come into me through this soul tie and restore anything godly that was lost or stolen.
- Replace Negative Beliefs or Expectations: I confess and repent of my sin of believing the lie that _____________, and for the way I have judged other individuals, groups of people, or institutions based upon this negative belief. I forgive ____________, for contributing to my forming this negative belief. I also forgive myself for believing and acting on this lie. I now confess the divine truth in relation to that negative belief that _____________.
- Renounce Inner Vows: I confess and repent of my sin of vowing that or to _____________. I forgive _____________ for contributing to my making this vow and I forgive myself for making this vow. I now purpose in and by the power of the Holy Spirit to ________________ in Jesus name.
- Receive Visions From God: (Traumatic Memories). I confess and repent of any anger and bitterness I have against You Lord for allowing this traumatic event to take place in my life. I ask You to forgive me for my bitterness I now give to You, and Lord I ask you to heal my heart from hurts and wounds in Jesus name. Lord take me back to the appropriate memory that is at the root of this issue in my heart. (Picture the scene as you remember it. It is ok to go back to just after the traumatic event was over if the event was very traumatic). Lord show me where You were in this scene. (Tune into the flow of the Holy Spirit and look and see where Jesus was). Lord take over this scene and give me a vision showing me what You were doing or saying. (Respond to what the Lord is showing you and go with the flow. It is advisable to have someone experienced with inner healing pray with you especially regarding extremely traumatic memories). . I recommend the book Who Switched Off My Brain by Dr. Caroline Leaf to help in this area. It is a cutting edge bible approach to changing the way we think, detoxify our minds and deal with bad memories and past curses).
- Break Word and other Curses: I confess and repent for receiving and/or believing the word curse that I ________________, (be as specific as possible) and for any anger or bitterness and resentment against You Lord for allowing this curse to happen in my life. I forgive ____________ for speaking this curse over me. I forgive myself for receiving and/or speaking and believing this curse. I ask you Lord to forgive me for believing the curse and my part in this sin. Lord with thanksgiving I accept the exchange You made for me on the cross by Your blood. In Jesus name I break this curse. I command it to cease over me right now! Lord I ask for and receive your blessing of ______________ (the opposite of the curse).
- Cast Out Demons : (We can all be free from demonic oppression and influence as we are loosed from satan. Take all steps necessary especially the above 6 prayers for every wound in your heart or soul. The demon’s “anchors” or “roots” should be pulled out and destroyed first before commanding them to go. If a demon does not let go and leave go back to the above prayers and see what was missed. Ask the Holy Spirit to lead and guide you. Then pray and cast out again). In the name of King Jesus I renounce all agreements and common ground with any and all demons and evil spirits that had a connection to me. In Jesus name I break all bonds with demons and evil spirits and strongholds of __________________. (Name all that apply). I take authority over the demon and evil spirit strongholds of _______________ and I command you to leave now in Jesus name never to return. (It is advisable to have someone experienced at deliverance help you through this step and pray with you).
- Experience the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus : (This is a added step to help us stay healed and free and overcome the power of sin. Jesus has the power to overcome sin and He is dwelling in us). Lord, in You is the power to over come the sin of ____________ and You dwell in me. I turn away from self effort and turn to You and embrace the power of the Holy Spirit flowing through me. Jesus release the power of Your Spirit through me to overcome the sin of __________________. (It is good to use vision to see this happening).
Remember to take proactive steps to stay healed such as bible meditation on the applicable subjects, prayer, teachings, and council. Be filled each morning of faith, hope, and love; abide these three.