Our Statement of Faith
OUR STATEMENT OF FAITH
- Published on Tuesday, 01 September 2009 01:00
- Hits: 1550
We hold the Holy Bible as our standard and believe all of it is the living word of God applicable to mankind today and forever and that it will never pass away. To list here all of our beliefs would be to list the Bible in its entirety but we take this opportunity to highlight some of our beliefs and statements of faith.
- Our standard is the Holy Bible. We believe the Bible is the Holy Spirit inspired, infallible word of God spoken and written by men as they were moved and directed by the Holy Spirit. We accept it as our standard and guide in matters pertaining to daily conduct and our purpose in life.
- We believe in one God who created heaven and earth manifested in three persons, the Father, the Son our Messiah, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that because of sin mankind must be redeemed and restored back to God through the work of Jesus our Messiah and Savior at the cross (shedding of His blood for man) and that the new birth (being born again of Spirit) is necessary for all men and when fulfilled by God’s grace through our faith, produces eternal life with God.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is our righteousness and we are justified by faith in Jesus as our Savior and Messiah.
- We believe in sanctification as a definite progressive work of grace through the aid of the Holy Spirit continuing throughout our lives.
- The world knows a disciple of Christ Jesus because of their love for one another.
- A disciple of Christ Jesus carries his own cross. He gives up his life for Christ and follows Him. His love for and belief in Christ is demonstrated in his obedience to Christ. A person is known by the fruit he produces.
- We believe that water baptism is a commandment of Jesus our Lord for believers once they have come to faith in Jesus.
- Water baptism is for the remission of sins and the breaking of curses and should be carried out in the same manner as the apostle did in obedience to Jesus (in Jesus name by immersion in water) recognizing the total authority of Christ Jesus and symbolizing our identification with Christ in suffering, His death, burial, and resurrection. Through baptism one declares that they have died to sin with Christ and have been raised with Jesus to walk in a new life focused on following Him.
- We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit as a gift from God promised by Jesus Christ to those believers who ask. We believe speaking in other tongues or languages as the Holy Spirit gives ability is confirmation and one evidence of baptism in the Spirit.
- We believe in the gifts or the manifestation of the Holy Spirit for the common good of the church.
- We believe in divine healing in the name of Jesus Christ for physical, mental, and emotional ills of the human body and soul. We believe healing is provided for in the atonement of Christ, wrought by the power of the Holy Spirit through one or more means including the prayer of faith, laying on of hands, casting out evil spirit(s), or any other means God chooses and that is the privilege of every disciple of Christ.
- We believe in the soon catching away of the saints (the church) to meet Jesus our Messiah in the air. We believe in the imminent return of our Lord Jesus to rule here on earth as King of kings, and Lord of lords.
- We believe every Christian is called to grow into a "Full Gospel Christian" believing everything the Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ did in the bible is still happening today through the body of Christ to the Glory of God.